Preparing for the New Year:
Making Your Business Better in 2020
The end of the year is approaching quickly and now is the best time to start improving your business! We’ve put together a few helpful tips to get you ready for 2020.
1. Balance Your Books
Nobody enjoys crunching the numbers all day long, but having a good understanding of your business’ financials can help you manage your priorities and hopefully save a few dollars. Now is a great time to go back through your company’s spending over the year and eliminate unnecessary services or subscriptions. Have an ex co-worker that quit a few months ago? You might want to make sure you’re not paying for their unused email or Google services.
2. Master Your Digital Presence
As we move into 2020, more and more of our customer base will become younger, tech-savvy adults. Today’s modern consumer expects quick, 24/7 service. The best way to make their experience seamless is by offering your services and information online.
- Make sure you have a website and that it looks good on mobile devices (iPhones, Androids, iPads, etc.).
- Remove the roadblock of requiring your customers to call you for things like quotes or information. Many consumers won’t be viewing your website during normal business hours and won’t wait to call you — they will simply bounce to a different website.
- Use contact forms, chatbots, or pricing pages to allow your customers access to information instantly.
- Keep your business address and hours of operation up-to-date. These are typically shown in Google’s search results and it is crucial that this information is correct.
3. Update Your Storefront
Whether you’re an established retail business with multiple stores or an avid flea market pop-up shop, you’ll want to keep your storefront looking fresh. 2020 is the perfect time to get rid of those old and drabby product displays for a fresh updated look. Your customers are bettering themselves for the new year and so should you. Modern Retail Solutions is here to help you into the new year. Check out our online store to start planning your 2020 experience today.